The ministry of Mountain View Church of the Brethren began over 60 years ago in the middle of a cow pasture. A group of area churches got together and set out to open new church sites throughout Boise’s expanding city.
The present site on North Cole Road, was chosen by the Brethren to build their new church. Thus, Mountain View was born. Ground-breaking took place on September 22, 1957 and the Church Charter was signed.
The church soon became a strong, close family and caring community. Over the years, Mountain View has sought to give to the community and has allowed various user groups to join in the congregation’s ministry.
We have had other nationalities’ congregations use our sanctuary. Many long standing clubs and meeting groups have regular meetings in our facility.
What a family group we truly are.